Please, be informed that the law on new requirements for inviting companies in Russia comes into force on 16 January 2019.
What are the changes?
1. The law obliges legal entities and persons who invite foreign nationals, to undertake measures to ensure that the invited nationals comply with the declared purpose of entry and timely exit Russia. The Government of Russia must establish the list of such measures and the rules of undertaking them.
NB! As of today, the relevant list and rules are not yet established.
2. The administrative fine for failure to undertake the established measures is introduced in the following amount:
- individuals – RUB 2,000 – 4,000
- company officials –RUB 45,000 – 50,000
- legal entities – RUB 400,000 – 500,000
Who is affected?
Companies, which invite foreign nationals from visa-required countries (this includes visits on work and business visas).