Italian pension for foreigners: how to apply

You can apply for the Italian pension for foreigners if you have worked in Italy for a period of time and paid contributions. A&P can help you apply for the Italian pension accrued.

since 1998

Professional Advising for Corporate and Individuals

Studio A&P supports companies and individuals with their activities in Italy and Worldwide, providing specialized assistance in global mobility of workers, Italian and international taxation.

Based in Italy

We operate in all Europe

ISO 9001 Certified

Chartered Tax Advisors

Relocation Experts

Posted Workers Alliance

ICE Providers & Lecturers

+40 Experts

We speak Italian, English, French, Spanish and German

years of
clients trusted
A&P in 2023

Italian pension for foreigners in case of contributions paid in countries with an agreement with Italy

If you have worked abroad in countries that have signed a Social Security agreement with Italy, Studio A&P can proceed with the aggregation of both contributions paid in Italy and abroad.

  • the 27 EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden);
  • the UK, pursuant to the Withdrawal Agreement (WA), entered into force on February 1st, 2020 (see INPS Circular No. 16 of February 4th, 2020 and INPS Circular No. 53 of April 6th, 2021);
  • EEA countries (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein);
  • Switzerland.

As well as all other EU countries, Italy has bilateral contribution agreements with non-EU countries such as: the Republic of Cape Verde, the Republic of S.Marino, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Quebec, Israel, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, former Yugoslavian countries.

Italian pension for foreigners in case of contributions paid in countries with no agreements with Italy

In case you have worked abroad in countries that do NOT have a Social Security agreement with Italy (that is, without Italian contributions sufficient on their own to entitle you to a pension), or in the absence of a contribution agreement with your foreign Country, in order to obtain a pension in Italy, you can voluntarily pay contributions in Italy in order to integrate them.

Studio A&P takes charge of the practice entirely with specialized consultants while you are abroad.

Conditions and steps to apply for the Italian pension for foreigners

Please consider that the right to the pension is confirmed only when the stated data correspond to the contribution records of Social Security institutions.

1. Preliminary consultation with our Experts:

Our advisors are available for a 1h preliminary consultation for €200 (VAT and 4% excluded) in order to assess your case.

The rate includes the preparation of the contribution statement.

2. Quotation for data verification in the Italian contribution registry:

  • Access to the Social Security data in Italy and provision of an answer on the Italian pension entitlement and its amount
  • As an alternative to point 1, the value of voluntary contributions to pay to acquire the right to a pension and quantify the hypothetical monthly income.

Only in case the data confirm the possibility of entitlement to Italian pension, a second quotation will be formulated to start the pension application.

The second quotation will depend on the complexity of the file and we will only proceed upon explicit acceptance by the worker.

After accepting the quote, a 20% deposit payment will be requested. Our specialists will then proceed to collect the necessary authorizations and documents.

A second deposit payment of 30% of the quotation will be required before proceeding with the Italian pension application. Payment of the 50% may be made upon notification of obtaining the Italian pension.

Please note: The Studio is not responsible for errors or misalignments in foreign contribution records.

Send your request to our Experts by filling out the form below

Don't miss out on the latest updates

Get free updates from our Experts on Immigration, Posting Workers, International Taxation and more.