Following the publication of the “20 measures for alleviation of Covid-19 related restrictions” from the State Council of People’s Republic of China, both Chinese Embassies and Consulates worldwide published the transposition of the new regulation in every Third Country.
Even though travel restriction to enter China do still exist, as well as internal restrictions, the situation is increasingly improving, so as to moving from a “7+3” quarantine measure to a “5+3” one.
Table of Contents
- Less Travel Restrictions to China from November 13th
- Quarantine in China upon arrival
- Support from A&P
- Book a Call
- Contact Us
1. Less Travel Restrictions to China from November 13th
Following the publication of the “20 measures for alleviation of Covid-19 related restrictions” from the State Council of People’s Republic of China on 10/11/2022, all the passengers departing from Italy (and generally, from any other Third Country) should undergo the following testing schedule 48 hours before their departure:
- N. 1 RT-PCR within 48 hours before the flight departure for China in a Government certified laboratory.
However, Chinese authorities will only accepts test reports that contain the following information:
- Name of the clinic;
- Address of the clinic;
- Contact info of the clinic;
- Type of the test (which must be RT-PCR);
- Sample collection method (nasopharyngeal only);
- Time of sample collection;
- Full name of the passenger;
- Passport number;
- Birth date.
1.1 No more additional requirements for passengers who were positive to Covid-19
Simultaneously, passengers who contracted Covid-19 in the past do not have to undertake additional testing anymore. As a result, passengers falling under this category can now follow the same pre-departure procedure as those who do not.
1.2 HDC Code Request
Assuming the test previously mentioned resulted negative, passenger have to request the Green HDC Code at least 3 hours before departure. In general, if the departure is scheduled before noon, passengers should proceed with the request the previous day before 9pm.
To successfully obtain the Green Code, passengers shall upload/fill the following:
- Full name and Nationality,
- Passport number,
- A copy of the passport,
- A copy of the China Visa,
- Travel itinerary,
- A copy of the test report taken before departure.
If all the data is correctly uploaded, then Chinese authorities will subsequently grant the Green Code, which will be requested at the boarding gate.
2. Quarantine in China upon arrival
Once landed in China, all the passengers have to undergo:
- 5 days quarantine period at a government’s facility, and
- 3 days health monitoring period at one’s own domicile.
Additionally, every person subject to the measure will undergo PCR testing on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th day during the centralised isolation period.
During the domicile health monitoring period, on the other hand, PCR testing will occur during the 1st, and 3rd day.
Lastly, if no symptoms nor positive tests emerge during this 8-day self-isolation period, the citizen will be allowed to move freely.
2.1 Internal mobility in China
Notwithstanding the end of the quarantine period, citizens should still exercise caution when moving from one city/province to another. As a matter of fact, further restrictions might be imposed depending on the local epidemiological level, which is divided as follows:
- High risk epidemiological area,
- Low risk epidemiological area.