Australian borders will reopen on December 1st, 2021, to vaccinated foreign travelers holding certain visa types
** please check the latest news about the delay of opening borders here (29.11.2021) **
The Australian Government has announced that foreign travelers who have completed the vaccination against Covid-19 will be allowed to enter Australia from December 1st, 2021.
The border reopening applies to foreign citizens holding different visas categories including:
- Subclass 400 – Temporay Work (short stay specialist) visa;
- Sublcass 403 – Temporary Work (International relations) visa;
- Subclass 407 – Training visa, Subclass 408 – Temporary Activity visa;
- Subclass 417 & 462 – Working Holiday visa;
- Subclass 457 – Temporary work (skilled) visa;
- Other specific skilled worker visa types.
The list might be expanded, depending on the outcome of this first reopening phase.
Touristic Visas excuded from the reopening
Touristic visas are not on the list, therefore touristic visa holders will not be permitted to enter Australia or return to Australia. This is not applicable to tourists entering from Singapore, South Korea, Japan or New Zealand, as different measures are applicable to those categories.
Studio Arletti & Partners remains at your disposal: for more information and assistance with consular services, please do not hesitate to contact us.